Who ever decided that summer is the season to get out and have fun? Here in New Jersey, there is fun to be had year-round! Fall is no exception. As your Millburn-Short Hills real estate agent, I’d like to prove my point by sharing the details of five upcoming events you can look forward to.
If you choose to buy a Millburn-Short Hills home, you’ll want to know what types of events take place around town, right? Here are a handful of examples:
1. Head to Millburn Free Library tonight in Millburn, NJ to honor the birthday of George Gershwin, famous for his melodies that captured the American spirit. He and his brother produced some of the most memorable tunes from Broadway to Hollywood, and tonight, Dennis Kobray will portray Gershwin as he plays some of his best music. This begins at 7 p.m. and is free. Call to reserve a seat!
2. The Theatre Project in Maplewood, NJ will begin its next production, “The Hound of the Bakervilles,” tonight! This comedic act will run on weekends, now through Oct. 13, so don’t miss an opportunity to see it and experience a belly full of laughs. The story includes Sherlock Holmes, who is called into action to solve Sir Charles Baskerville’s murder. From there, it’s a mystery!
3. Travel back to the 1930’s for a night in Summit, NJ on Saturday! The Summit Playhouse will be hosting their Gala and Fundraiser that night, beginning at 7 p.m. Since all three of this season’s plays take place in the 1930’s, there will be 1930’s-inspired hors oeuvres and 1930’s live music. Three short plays will be presented as well. Tickets only cost $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
4. Get out and enjoy our fall weather on Sunday at the 12th Annual Twin Lights Bike Ride! Cyclists have four routes around New Jersey to choose from, ranging from 30 miles to 100 miles. Registration will take place from 7 to 10:30 a.m. that morning, and routes all start and end at Huddy Park in Highlands. After the bike ride, local seafood and more will be available from over 15 restaurants around town.
5. Enjoy great food for a great cause! Next Thursday, Oct. 3, CAN DO Fitness Club will be hosting its inaugural Corks & Forks event in Short Hills, NJ. Proceeds from this event will benefit the March of Dimes. Purchase tickets to enjoy the best restaurants, chefs and wineries in the area, along with a silent auction. Tickets cost $30 per person and the event takes place from 6 to 8 p.m.
Mark the events that interest you most into your weekend calendar and enjoy yourself here in the Millburn-Short Hills area! As always, when you’re ready to buy a New Jersey home, or you’re ready to sell a New Jersey home, contact me! I’m ready to help!