Listing DescriptionA stone pathway leads to the entrance vestibule of this inviting four bedroom, three bath Center Hall Colonial which is nestled on a quiet, level, dead-end street in picturesque Maplewood with winter views of New York City. Located in the sought-after Upper Wyoming section and at the base of South Mountain Reservation, yet close to commuter trains, this tranquil setting offers the best of both worlds.
Step into the foyer and notice the arched doorways, hardwood flooring and warm sunlight streaming in the dining and living rooms. The spacious living room features a wood-burning fireplace and built-in cabinetry and access to the den, perfect for enjoying that morning cup of coffee. A screened-in porch is also located off the living room. The formal dining room, featuring a built-in china cabinet and three leaded windows, is large enough to host a dinner party and enjoys easy access to the eat-in kitchen with adjoining breakfast room.
The second and third levels boast four large bedrooms and three baths, including the master, complete with walk-in closet and master bath. The third level multi-purpose room with wall-to-wall carpeting, skylight and attic storage could be used as an office or playroom.
The lower level features open storage space, workshop, laundry and utility facilities, walk-in access from the garage and has the potential to be finished.
Dine al fresco on the capacious deck, conveniently located off the kitchen. Or move the festivities to the patio set amidst the lush greenery surrounding this gem.
FEATURES OF 1 MORSE DRIVE
- Entry vestibule with guest closet and tiled flooring
- Living room with wood-burning fireplace and built-ins
- Formal dining room with built-in china cabinet and 3 leaded windows
- Den with access from living room
- Eat-in kitchen with breakfast area and walk-out access to deck
- Screened porch with slate floor and access from living room
- Hardwood flooring and crown moldings throughout
- Master bedroom with walk-in closet and hardwood flooring
- Master bath with tile flooring, tiled shower/tub, wainscoting and linen closet
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 with large cedar closets and hardwood flooring
- Hall bath with tile flooring, wainscoting and tile shower/tub
- Hall linen closet
- Bedroom 4 with full, en suite bath with tile flooring and clawed, free-standing tub
- Multi-purpose room with carpet, skylight, in-wall a/c, attic storage and French doors from hallway
- Unfinished with laundry area, workshop with workbench, easy access to utilities
- Access to built-in 2-car garage
Additional Property Features
- Stone front walkway
- Clapboard exterior
- Built-in 2 car garage
- Deck and patio
- Professionally landscaped grounds
- Nearby Jitney stop to NYC commuter trains
- One block from South Mountain Reservation nature trails and dog park
- Corner lot on level, cul-de-sac. Lot size: 140 x 65
- Built in 1923 approximately
- Tax appeal in process
Please call Elaine Pruzon at 973-715-8555 with any questions or for an appointment to see this home.
- List Price:
- MLS #:
- Listing Agent:
- Elaine Pruzon
- 1 Morse Dr.