Listing DescriptionImagine a stately brick multi-level home with three levels of luxurious living space. Intelligently designed and spacious floor plan features 6 bedrooms, 5 full baths and 2 half baths. Nestled on a professionally landscaped property with the exclusive and very private Swale Lane address, surrounded by mature trees that offer rainbow of color in the fall and peace and tranquility all year around. Just minutes to elegant and casual dining and shopping, yet very secluded.
Sunlight dances off the Swarovski crystal chandelier in the stunning 2-story marble-floor foyer. The eat-in kitchen's top-of-the-line appliances include a Viking 6-burner cook top, Miele dishwasher and Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer as well as 2 Thermador ovens, a Kitchen Aid compactor and 2 Franke sinks. The kitchen is beautifully finished with granite countertops and features a convenient walk-in pantry. The family room is decorated with a striking French limestone fireplace and French doors which open to a very large outside deck, constructed of virtually indestructible ipe wood. The banquet-size dining room with a butler's pantry and granite wet bar is perfect for family gatherings and formal entertaining. A light-filled living room with a gas fireplace, a cherry-paneled library/office and bright sitting room, both with interior french doors plus 2 half baths complete the main level.
The second floor is home to 5 bedrooms including the beautiful master suite, finished throughout with gorgeous Venetian plaster. Jado gold-plate plumbing accents enhance the large master bath, which features a whirlpool tub, separate toilet/bidet and large shower. The suite also includes two walk-in closets and there is a spacious storage area on the second floor. The four bedrooms share two more full baths plus all have generous closet space.
The lower level of this home literally has room for everyone--Your family and guests can choose from the finished billiard room, brick and stone, humidity controlled wine cellar that can accommodate 665 bottles of your favorite vintages, all cedar sauna, full bath and a large gym with a padded, rubber floor. The heated, 3-car garage was constructed with extra wide bays. A maid/nanny's suite is adjacent to the garage and features another full bath. The attic area is partially finished and features a spacious, climate controlled playroom.
The home is equipped with a central vacuum system as well as a security system wired for central station monitoring and a phone/intercom system. The entire roof and gutter systems were recently replaced and feature all copper gutters and roof tiles constructed with European-blend DaVinci slate that is maintenance-free and includes a 50-year guarantee. A 12-zone underground sprinkler system hydrates the large, fenced property, which is landscaped to offer almost complete privacy during the summer months. The home includes the family room TV cabinet, all the built-in furniture, a floor safe and the designer window treatments.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT HOME FEATURES:
- This brick house was built on previously undeveloped land in 1998 and is the only house to have a Swale Lane address. There are no other building lots on Swale Lane, which has very limited auto traffic.
- Fully-wired, central station monitored security/fire/CO system including cellular back-up loop
- Water softener in basement
- Whole house Panasonic telephone/intercom system
- FiOs-wired with Cat 5 line connecting floors 1 and 2
- Whole-house surge protection on main breaker panels protects all electronics
- All utilities are underground
- Wall-mounted gas heater unit w/ thermostat in 3 car garage
- Two 75 gallon gas hot water heaters plumbed in tandem loop, with recirculation pump, to supply 'unlimited' hot water for a large family
- Hand-held programmable security controller operates 3 central core lighting zones (can be expanded) with a random on/off setting when away from home
- Front exterior and landscape lights are controlled by 2 wired timers
- The original asphalt shingled roof and aluminum gutters were replaced in 2006 with a European-blend DaVinci Slate roof, copper flashing and snow guards and full copper gutter system. This roof has a longer life than natural slate (50 year mftr. warranty) is higher rated for wind/weather durability and requires no maintenance for broken slates
- The entire rear yard is fenced
Please call Elaine at 973-715-8555 for an appointment to see this home.
- List Price:
- MLS #:
- Listing Agent:
- Elaine Pruzon
- 7 Swale Lane