Listing DescriptionNEW PRICE! A perfectly manicured lawn, tall shade trees and mature shrubbery artfully frame the exterior of this wonderfully renovated carriage house. Inside, spacious rooms are arranged in an open flow, where charm, character and fine architectural details complement these lovely spaces.
Hardwood floors sweep throughout the first level, while fireplaces add drama and warmth. High ceiling, recessed lights and deep crown molding lend to the details of the spacious living and family rooms. A chair rail, tall windows and a French door to the backyard highlight the formal dining room.
The bright and spacious kitchen includes custom cabinetry, a large center island with cook top and professional quality stainless steel appliances. A bay window and skylights in the generous breakfast area provide plenty of natural sunlight, as French doors provide easy access to the bluestone patio out back.
Located on the second level are five bedrooms and four full baths. Built-in armoires flank a built-in window seat, and a wall of closets provide plenty of storage capacity in the master bedroom. Marble floors, a furniture quality double vanity and a walk-in shower with glass enclosure are found in the en suite master bath. Bedroom 2 comes with wall-to-wall carpet with two closets flanking an arched window alcove with built-in seating.
Hardwood floors are in bedrooms 3 and 4, and individual full en suite baths are found in bedrooms 4 and 5. A full hall bath services the other 2 bedrooms, and there is walk-up access to the attic.
Positioned on the lower level are an office, an additional bedroom, a convenient full bath and a laundry area. Indoor play and casual entertaining are easily accommodated on this lower level.
Resting on almost three quarters of an acre of manicured property, this magnificent home requires only your furnishings and personal touch. In the prized Old Short Hills section, privacy abounds, while shopping, recreation, top schools, NYC commuter trains and access to major highways are only minutes from your front door.
- Entry foyer with guest closet and stairs to upper level
- Living room with hardwood floor, coffered ceiling, recessed lights, built-in cabinets, window seat and wood burning fireplace with marble surround
- Dining room with hardwood floor, crown molding, chair rail, tall windows and French door to backyard
- Kitchen with hardwood floor, recessed lights, subway tile backsplash, custom cabinets, professional stainless steel appliances, center island with cook top, door to side yard, breakfast area with bay window, skylights, built-in cabinets, sliders to bluestone patio and French door to backyard
- Family room with hardwood floor, chair rail, crown molding, abundant tall windows, built-ins and wood burning fireplace
- Powder room off kitchen
- Attached 2-car garage
- Master bedroom with wall-to-wall carpet, crown molding, recessed lights, wall of closets and built-in window seat flanked by 2 built-in armoires
- Master bath with marble tile floor, furniture quality double vanity with marble top and backsplash and tile stall shower with built-in insets, seating and glass door
- Bedroom 2 with wall-to-wall carpet, crown molding, recessed lights, two closets and arched window alcove with built-in window seat
- Bedroom 3 with hardwood floor, crown molding, recessed lights and closet
- Bedroom 4 with hardwood floor, crown molding, recessed lights, closet and en suite bath with shower/tub
- Bedroom 5 with wall-to-wall carpet, crown molding, two closets, built-ins and en suite bath with vanity and shower/tub
- Hallway with closet and access to family bath
- Bath with tile floor, vanity and tile stall shower with glass doors
- Hallway with two closets and stairs to lower level
- Walk-up access to attic
- Office with wall-to-wall carpet, recessed lights and closet
- Bedroom 6 with walk-in closet and access to storage/utilities
- Bath with vanity and shower stall
- Laundry room
- Unfinished storage
- High ceilings
- 2-unit multi-zone heating system (natural gas forced air and steam radiator)
- 2-unit multi-zone central air conditioning system
- Security system
- Walk-up access to attic storage
- Newer Furnace
- Wood exterior
- Slate and concrete front walkway
- Covered front entry
- Attached 2-car garage with automatic garage door openers
- Driveway with Belgium block and additional parking
- Underground lawn sprinkler system
- Slate walk-around
- Bluestone patio
- Children's Play House
- Private professionally landscaped property includes mature trees, foundation shrubbery, mulch beds and established lawns
- Desirable Old Short Hills location near recreation, shopping, top rated schools and NYC commuter trains
- Easy access to major highways, business centers and Newark / Liberty International Airport
EXCLUSIONS: Fixture in entry foyer, washer, dryer, drapes in bedrooms
- Built: 1905
- Lot Size: 150 X 200 (.69 Acre)
- 2011 Taxes: $37,527
Please call Elaine at 973-715-8555 or Susie Polow at 973-476-4242 for an appointment to see this home.
- List Price:
- MLS #:
- Listing Agent:
- Elaine Pruzon
- 90 Western Dr.